BubbleUPnP is a full featured UPnP/DLNA Control Point and an UPnP Media Renderer. Play easily your music and videos on your phone and devices on your network (DLNA TVs, XMBC, WMP, ...) from your external UPnP Media Servers.
More than just regular LAN streaming, BubbleUPnP can also stream efficiently your media via the Internet over a mobile or WiFi connection. Internet streaming requires installing server software "BubbleUPnP Server" running on Windows, MacOS X, Linux or a NAS (it is not required for regular LAN streaming). To learn more about BubbleUPnP Server and Internet streaming visit http://bubbleguuum.free.fr/upnpserver
The free version of BubbleUPnP has all the features listed below with the following limitations that can be removed by purchasing the BubbleUPnP License app:
- Internet streaming with BubbleUPnP Server is limited to 30 minutes per app launch
- the Playlist is limited to 16 tracks
- Library Shuffle is limited to 16 shuffled tracks
- downloads are limited to batches of maximum 40 tracks
- the local renderer is not remotely controllable by external Control Points
- Honeycomb tablets support
- stream music and videos from your UPnP/DLNA Media Server (Twonky, Asset UPnP, any NAS with UPnP, ...) to your android device.
Codecs supported for audio: MP3, AAC (without DRM), WMA, Ogg Vorbis (with system decoders) WAV, FLAC, ALAC, LPCM (with custom decoders). WMA support is manufacturer and model dependent. Vorbis may not work on Android 2.1/2.2.
Video playback is delagated to an external app (VPlayer highly recommended)
- stream music/videos from your UPnP/DLNA Media Server to your UPnP renderers (software or hardware) on your network with regular playback controls (play, pause, seek, volume, ...).
- Internet streaming/downloading over a mobile or WiFi connection with BubbleUPnP Server
- UPnP tethering with BubbleUPnP Server (makes Media Servers from a LAN visible on another LAN)
- UPnP renderer: control audio playback of your android device from another UPnP Control point
- Download tracks, full albums and videos from your Media Server to your android device (with covers if available), to make them available in your favorite Android music and media player
- Landscape mode with full navigation for phones and tablets
- Now Playing screen with regular playback controls
- Mute / Repeat / Shuffle
- Editable playlist to queue tracks for playback
- Load and save playlists
- Shuffle Playlist
- Shuffle Library (shuffle tracks from your entire Media Server)
- Scrobbling support
- Sleep Timer
- Display album art
- Display artist info from Discogs or Last.fm (require Last.fm app)
- Powerful UPnP Search. Search for tracks, albums, artists and videos (exact support depends on Media Server)
- Bookmarks. Access quickly albums and folders
- Random track list generation. Discover forgotten gems in your Library
- Multiple selection. Anywhere a list of tracks or albums appear you can swipe many of them to apply a common operation (play, enqueue, remove, download,...).
- Control Renderer volume with the hardware volume buttons