The OFFICIAL ABRSM Aural trainer contains interactive challenges to help develop your music aural skills (Listening skills). Anyone can use it, but it is designed around the aural component of ABRSM grade exams.
This app contains a limited amount of audio content for Grades 1 & 4. You may upgrade to all the Grades 1-3 & 4-5 content in-app.
Use the ABRSM Aural trainer to:
• Improve your confidence and accuracy at sight-singing (reading and singing the music you see).
• Improve your sense of pulse and metre (feeling the beat).
• Develop your musical memory (remember how music sounds and be able to repeat it or spot differences and mistakes).
• Learn to recognise dynamics, articulation, tempo and tonality features in music.
• Learn to identify the features in music that give it its style and character.
• Develop the skills to know when a piece of music was written.
The app covers the following ABRSM test style content:
• Pulse and metre
• Musical features
• Melodic Repetition
These are all fully interactive. Tackle each element in stages using the preparation exercises; concentrate on one at a time before attempting exam style practice exercises. Use it in any order, how ever often you like, on your own or with your teacher.
Respond in REAL-TIME to differences and musical features helping you quickly develop your aural abilities.
You have the opportunity to hear the music again, repeat exercises and compare your responses to the correct ones.
Many exercises are automatically marked by the application. However, self-assessment and critical listening is key to successful development of the musical ear.
Your progress is always recorded so you can see at a glance areas you might want to revisit.
• ABRSM is the leading authority on musical assessment. More than 600,000 candidates, in over 90 countries, take our exams every year.
• To set standards in providing the highest quality music exams, services and resources, which engage and sustain ever more teachers and learners, enabling us to increase our support for music education.